PECM - Precise Electrochemical Machining
THE APPLICATION FIELDS:
The PECM method allows highly precise and fast machining of metals, regardless of their hardness, whilst at the same time delivering high-quality parts at lower production costs than conventional procedures.
PECM is an enhancement of ECM. In this electrochemical process, the materials are anodically dissolved in a contact-free process using an oscillating cathode. PECM is suitable for small and large series, and also for the production of prototypes.
PROCESS FEATURES ECM / PECM:
- Contact-free machining without thermal or mechanical influences
- Burr-free machining
- No process-related cathode wear
- Roughness depths of up to Rz 0.2 / Ra 0.05 (depending on material)
- Image accuracy < 20 µm
- Machining on hardened parts
- Cycle times can be scaled based on the design of the equipment