The vacuum belt filter (VBF) is used for the filtration of liquids by means of filter cloth (geotextiles). In comparison to hydrostatic filters, the VBF has the advantage of a vacuum assisted filtration. Therefore a higher throughput and a better drainage of the filter cake can be achieved.
The filtration is done with a self-sealing filter fleece, chosen for the individual application. The filter fleece is transported and coiled by a gear motor. A float switch controls the fleece transport and the filter cake is stripped off into a dirt tank.
Advantages of the vacuum belt filter:
- Filter fleece supply from bottom -> the fleece is loaded with sediment
- Flotation tailing is extracted together with the sediment at the
discharge side -> optimal use of fleece
- Filter cake is removed from the fleece -> requirements of the cycle
economy-law are fulfilled by the separate disposal of fleece and mud.
- The filter fleece lies flat on the inclined filter ->optimal use of the entire
- Lateral sealing of fleece -> no leakage of unfiltered medium into the
clean water tank
- Reusability of the filter fleece when used in grinding processes -> low
- Filter made of stainless steel -> long life
- Vacuum support -> higher throughput and a better drainage of the
filter cake in comparison to hydrostatic filters